• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airborne truck wanted

3dAngus

If you want an airborne vehicle, just go to the Ga. Rally and watch MDMorgan's wife drive. :shock:

It may get split in half, but not sure you would ever be able to put it back together though.

I'm sure the two of them could though. Lots of talent there. :beer:

Sorry. Had to throw that in there. Couldn't resist. Good luck on the hunt, but you might want to be more specific about what you want. I don't have a clue based on what I see here. Do you have a model number, or is this just humor?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I saw them drop a deuce out of a C-130 one time and the chute didn't open.....it was easily transported back to the Motor Pool....in three other trucks.:shock:

Seriously....I have never heard of this type vehicle...can you post pics???

waayfast

I'm guessing he means the GMC CCKW 2 1/2 ton military truck of WWII. Some models were indeed "air-trans portable" in that they were built in two large chunks --the front and back-and bolted together just behind the cab.

I would suggest looking up the website milweb, it's based in England and I see some trucks (Norwegian Returns) sometimes are the "air transportable".

Jim

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The Airborne CCKW is very rare. There is one for sale on armyjeeps.net that is from the late Jack Tomlin's collection.

Only one I've ever seen other than one other on the G.

monkeythumbs

They assembled one at the MVPA Convention, this year, maybe someone has photos. I stood and watched for a moment or two, interesting vechicle, my friend may have taken photos. Good luck in your search.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks