• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

200 amps

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mabye you could use it in your M109. To run comm equipment. I think a regular 60 has plenty of power to run a truck and trailor lights.

rizzo

emmado22 said:
if it;s the M998 200 Ampper, 12V output is a big one!
i think that is what it is. one Regulator has a 12v output.

do you know where to get those regulators? I wonder how much?

I found out that one of the alternators is bad. the other works fine.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are seen on the HUMMV ambulance models. They have A/C, lots of radio and lighting demand as well. Reputation is touchy, one burnt to the ground due to a fault in the alternator right on the NG base in Phoenix.

dg

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
200 amps wont hurt a 60 am system. There are several different versions of the 200 amper with the 12/24V output. The later ones are fine. There was a SOU message out there that had the SN's of the bad ones. Regulaors can be found on ebay cheap. All new new and rebuilt humvees have the 200 ampper in it. One say I'll swap mine out when I get a free moment.

rizzo

oh, I guess the guy at the alternator shop gave me the wrong info.

He said it was for a tach or whatever. I have a programmable VDO tach that will measure the cycles of an alternator to give an RPM reading.
the posts on the regulator are as follows

AC
IGN
14V

on the Alternator

28v
ground

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks