• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok which one of you was it with this Bell UH1?

Tlauden

Darnit, cats outta the bag. I knew I shoulda tarped it and kept it hidden lol

That's pretty sweet who ever it is. Looks like they just fit below them wires though.

linx310

I think some one else here on steelsoldiers bought one from GSA a few years back and turned it into a mobile display on a trailer.

Oldfart

We just measured one of these to see if we could move it and we had to pass as the rotor mast (skid on the ground) was over the max height for our state. Those are some big paddles compared to most civi helo's.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
That's too old for any of my aircraft fleet. I dumped those years ago. I now only have my AH64, UH60, Kiowa, B1, C5, F14, A10, F16, B52, C130, and F117. I also have a Hind that is used as a practice target. Still working on the deal for my B2 and F22 though.

Of course this is not including my drone fleet and other stuff.rofl

196thprober

That's too old for any of my aircraft fleet. I dumped those years ago. I now only have my AH64, UH60, Kiowa, B1, C5, F14, A10, F16, B52, C130, and F117. I also have a Hind that is used as a practice target. Still working on the deal for my B2 and F22 though.

Of course this is not including my drone fleet and other stuff.rofl

You don't have a B2? What's the deal?

Bill W

Huey.jpgFriend of mine had a B-model that I got to tow with my M-37 in a parade once, Talk about stopping traffic

Darwin T

there were 2 for sale a month or two ago in College Station, TEXAS. one ran the other did not, and neither had the papers to fly. i would guess it was one of them. that place puts up big ticket items like that a couple of times a year. if you knew how to work on them you may could get it to pass muster and get the paperwork from the FAA and put it to work.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I could sure use a towed m198 or M777 to tow around town. I am thinking that my local law enforcement would have an issue with it. but hey I bet NOONE will break into your house.

Some guys over here in Missoula have a former Romanian MIG 21 that they fly around and sell rides in it. A few years ago when they first got it they went zooming around at low level over the city and then went up through the mountains towards the border. The MTANG in GF scrambled their F-15's and F-16s to intercept it since it wasn't responding to radio calls. I bet those guys were pissing their pants when 5 US fighters showed up.

Amer-team

Here are a couple more helicopter pictures for the thread. This is my M38A1 and M 715 at the Olympic Flight Museum Airshow. The Copter was a 1964 and it was a beauty. We put a couple batteries in it and it cranked. We think with a little fuel and some service it would have been a runner. It belonged to the State Dept. of Natural resources and was probably slated for parts or to be turned into a fire fighter. At that time it was a museum quality runner.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks