• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

25 Pounder Wheels

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know what wheels will fit a 25 Pounder? I am going to recover a WW2 25 pounder that has sat in a static display for 60 yrs and the tires are flat and rotted out. I have been told that about 10 yrs ago they changed the tires to civy rubber and the wheels moved at that time. I want to change to another wheel and tow it onto my trailer and want to know if anyone knows of any other wheel that will fit. I have lots of other wheels aval to take with me but do not know what would fit. I can take M35 A2 or A3-Ferrett-M37-M715-DUKW-CCKW-Half Track-Humvee-M38-CMP 100 WT. Anyone have an idea? I cannot seem to get anyone there to take a look and give me info on what is on it and cannot seem to find much info on the net as to what wheel is on it.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the 25 pounder?

Kinda looks like CMP wheels, although not sure which one.

Attachments

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not go ahead and pick up some new military ties and new tubes and go ahead and have the new tires mounted before loading on your trailer? Why even fool with replacement wheels?

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes that is a 25 pounder and thats what I need to bring home. I can go and get the wheels off and then put new rubber on but that is a long trip to do twice. The gun is about 150 miles away and I really would like to just do the trip once if I can. I would like to do it on a Sunday so nothing would be open anywhere to change the tires and its hard to find anywhere to work on them. I have one guy here that does it for me but do not know anywhere that is anywhere near the gun. Thanks Eddy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks