• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

user names/handles

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it possible to change one's username?

If not, then disjoin and rejoin? and do the old posts remain?

Thanks,

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes, you can change your screen name.

When reading a thread, look at the top and click "profile". Then choose "change your postnuke profile". The first box should be user name/ID.* Change it and update your profile.

Legal disclaimer: I did not try changing my user name ( I want to be able to remember who I am rofl), so your results may vary.

mangus580

Alas, clinto, while that might work some, I suspect its not going to work right. I can tell you when I do it behind the scenes, its a ROYAL PITA, so I avoid doing it. The name has to be changed in a couple of spots. I PM'd TXSG about the issue.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ah, I see.

TXSG, ignore what I told you.

rofl

kc8sfq

I went to the member list and found a user name that I think I tried to use a long time ago (2004) Could that be my failed attempt to register??? If that is me, can I change my username to that?? The name I tried to use back then is Wingnut

Thanks

CCATLETT1984

all you would need to do is to reset your password :)

If you still have access to that email account, that is.

If you dont, you could PM mike with the email account that you used to verify that you are the one that tried to register it, and I'm sure he could reset the password for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks