• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Volunteers Needed

mangus580

Guys, I am getting a little strung out here. There is alot of things that need tweaking and fixing on the site, but I spend too much time lately trying to keep up on the day to day things, to be able to get much done. What I am looking for, is someone who is interested in helping me handle a few sections. I figure 2 people for each section are all thats probably needed. Also, I would like to restructure the 'moderators' for the forum itself. I really would like to put people in place that are willing to actually moderate, and help keep things on topic. As well as, someone who is reasonably knowledgeable in said topic. I will list below the sections I need help on. I would prefer that any volunteers would contact me via PM regarding this, and be sure to include the email address you would prefer to be used for your 'position'.

Motor Pool
-Basically, what is needed here, is someone to Review and Approve the motor pool entries as they come in. The idea of the Motor Pool is to 'show off' our trucks, so I try to encourage people being detail oriented in their description, as well as Pictures are a requirement.

Parts Cross
-Similar to the Motor Pool, Parts X-ref entries need to be proofread, and preferably validated, to ensure that the parts will in fact work (or at least appear as such). I try to have pictures included here, but isn't a requirement. Also, I would really prefer that any Part entry with an NSN, have a corresponding TM location as to the exploded view that said part can be found.

Technical Manuals
-Only major thing that needs to be done here, is make sure that the TM is released for public viewing. Also, verify of course that it doesn't exist already in the database. I am hoping to 'reorganize' this section soon, so that it will help in finding the right TM.

Technical Articles
-This section is actually one that almost is better off, if someone doesn't have extensive knowledge in a lot of the vehicles. The idea is, that the person reading the submitted article would feel confident that they could follow said article. Also they will be need to be checked for spelling, and such, as well as to make sure that its not being copied from another source.

Classifieds
-Pretty self explanatory here. Mostly, we need to make sure that the ad is appropriate, and lists enough information.

Calendar
-I would like to get the calendar moving forward again. I am looking for someone who receives MVM, and other publications, that have calendars in them of shows, and other events. It is my hope that we can start having these events listed in our calendar, as a 'one stop shop' to see what is going on, when and where.

Polls
-Pretty simple one here.... I need someone to come up with new Polls for the front page. I figure this really only needs to change about once a month or so. This person would also be in charge of moderating any comments on the Poll.

Forum Moderators
-As I said above, I am looking for 'higher knowledge' individuals for the topics, that can assist in posting, as well as making sure things are under control. Not asking for 'know it alls' just someone who has a good idea of what is going on. (for example, I don't want someone who doesn't even know how to operate a deuce moderating the deuce forum ;-) )

How To
-I want to build a new section that is "how to's" for things on the site. I need a person that can be a little creative here, and build some how too articles with screenshots, etc, on how to do basic forum tasks. Such as attaching pictures, resizing pictures, etc. I did one recently on posting pictures in the photo gallery that is a great example of what I am trying to do with this.

Photo Gallery
-Basically all that is needed here, is someone to police the gallery and make sure pictures belong. Also, clean out any 'empty' folders, that take up space.

Video Gallery
-Similar to the photo gallery. Videos need to be reviewed for content, and verified they aren't copyrighted, etc.

I don't want this to look like I am running away from the site. I am just trying to redirect my focus onto the technical sides of the site, and growing it to be even bigger and better yet. I have a few new features that I have wanted to work on for quite some time, but have been unable to, because all these other tasks keep me too busy.

TIA,
Mike

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me know what you need me to handle. I'll keep the TMs unless I'm not doing a very good job now. If I'm substandard, just let me know.

mangus580

Only partially substandard kenny ;-)

mangus580 said:
......would contact me via PM regarding this......
BTW, I have received a few PM's already.... PLEASE... tell me what you are intrested in doing in your PM's!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I'm kind of puter literate,barely. Don't have alot of free time, but i will help where i can. Lemme know.

mangus580

Chuck, I can do that, as soon as I can take the time to compile the list and sort out what I have. Will probably be monday or tuesday.

GoHot229

If this possable proposed 'breakdown site' comes into existance, you might have access to several members to monitor the current status 24/7 and keep up on the situation, and post or comunicate with the 'breakdown ee' I'm here an awful lot, probably every couple hours every day, and often times for hours literaly. I hate to say it, but I sort of live here. I'm Disabled, thus that affords me alot of time to spend here, and on a couple other forums, though the lions share of it here. What I'm saying is, I have the time. Browsing through the list of things you need help with, I don't find a nishe that I'm thouroughly knowledgeable to feel I could be 100% effective however, but am willing to go for it with a scoush of coaching occasionally. I have the time and enjoy the Steel Soldiers forum emensly. ......Rich......

PorscheTech911

I'm kinda new to the site, but have been studying tracked armored vehicles and russian combat vehicles since I was a little kid. If I can help out by moderating those areas or anything let me know. I'm here constantly these days.

Adam

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For some reason I have missed this thread untill now. I'm willing to help out and will wait and see what mangus says is still needed .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks