• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rallies, Meets, etc...

DonK

Mods...after I found out about the Durhamtown Rally, the day it began, which kinda peeed me off. I was wondering if there is a way you could send out some type of notification for that type of event...or other types. Maybe a PM or something. I can see something that we, as the Grunts, could subscibe to as needed, maybe by State or Region...
Thoughts? Good, Bad or indifferent....
Thanks in advance for your attention....Don

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a calendar on the right side of the main page. usually someone updates it with rally dates.

There were threads for the GA rally for 6 months before and several months after.

You'd pretty much have to be illiterate to not have noticed or read any of the posts.

Maybe the site needs a new paid feature, like advance notice for upcoming rallies. How about an automated phone message at dinner time?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
tried to post the rally on the calendar 3 times, it would not allow me

the UNOFFICLE 11 SS GA. RALLY (11SSGAR) thread started the day AFTER the 10SSGAR, and went on PAST after the OFFICIAL 11SSGAR thread started, plus other 11SSGAR threads, NO WAY this could be missed

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This year we have tech support, I bet we can get the calendar issues fixed too!

DonK

Sorry if I stuck a nerve there buddy...I didn't realize that was there until today and its full of birthdays...:cookoo:
When I visit this site, it's usually for advise or to give it and again I didn't realize that Calendar was even there.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sorry if I stuck a nerve there buddy...I didn't realize that was there until today and its full of birthdays...:cookoo:
When I visit this site, it's usually for advise or to give it and again I didn't realize that Calendar was even there.
Even without the calendar, there was at least 1/2 dozen threads on the 11SSGAR, the unofficle, the officle, the fl.convoy, for sale, n.ga. convoy, and a few more, basicly, The INFO was here for ALL to see

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also go into the rallies section of the forum and figure out which ones are when usually 10-11 months in advance.

DonK

Thanks Capt...
I used to live in Eastern VA and had a couple buddies, God Rest Their Souls, that where Sea Bees...I know all about opionions...Boy I miss those guys!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Ga rally is pretty much a 5 day BS session interrupted for meals, wheeling and surplus dealing!

See you there next year!

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
just show up at the 12SSGAR, and don t worry, nobody will hold it against you for owning a 09 wc :whistle:

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That pic was taken just after I ate one of those little baby pigs that Dave deep fried! Couldn't get the taste out of my mouth...

and, I was only holding that beer, for a friend.

edit, never mind... Look at the name tag, that's not me, it's Gimpy Robb!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks