• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

We now have a mule

Welder Sam

yep. it came home the other day. it looks good. electric start(cant figure out how to make the starter work). its pretty complete. bought it from another SS member. couldnt preview it as it came from over a thousand miles away. tires are good. its 4 wheel steer. looks as tho the weapon mount hole cover and one other cover is missing. the wiring is a hodge-podge mess but ya know. theres several bondo bed repairs, not what id consider as high quality but given its magnesium, its cool. it has the passenger seat and foot basket which is a major plus. fuel tank seems to be in good condition. i filled it yesterday and no signs of any leaks. no battery box or toolbox tho. those would be super nice to locate!

i cant seem to find the info regarding the electric starter in the tm's i have. it was advertised as running/driving condition. ive got the battery cables back on and yeah, in the correct positions. still nothing.

tom, if u stumble across this, i could sure use your help brother

maybe amy will post some pics soon. shes the pic guru here

:beer:

gunboy1656

Congrats on becoming a mule owner.

I am guessing your missing the front hatch cover (to access the 4 wheel steer) and the gun mount cover, they are not to bad to find online. The engine cover is the costly one.

The tool box is part of weapons kits for the most part. We made our own up from the dimensions in the TM. The battery fits inside our tool box.

Welder Sam

Youre exactly right. The engine cover is there and in decent shape. Honestly tho, im more concerned abt getting the starter straightened out and running. Then ill go to other things

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There should be a button on the front that is pushed to activate the starter (I don't one one, but other members in the local club do, and one has an electric start). HTH.

Welder Sam

Yep. Its there and the master is too. I think im getting close. Think theres a wire that got "gone" from right in there. Working with the seller to track it. Gonna go get a new ground lead and some wire in case i have to make a lead.

Welder Sam

got it running. its real weak and unsteady but i did get to ease it around for 20 mins or so till the lady across the road came to jabber. my guess is fuel filter is gunked up from the tank having been near empty when i got it. so tomorrow, i plan to bypass the original filter and pump with a bulb type filter and a small electric pump maybe a bit of seafoam too

Last edited:

Welder Sam

somewhat yes. the ones ya do find range from a pile of scrap to super nice. i think this one is in good condition. not museum quality but definately nicer than some. when ya do find them, they tend to have rather large price tags. especially when ya compare the price to weight ratio with other vehicles

combat32

Sorry Sam I been gone for a while, looks like you got her figured out.There is something wrong with your fuel tank though, it ain't got no dents like mine:beer:

Good lookin mule, you up for a drag race at petit Jean this year?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks