• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identify these parts from the scrapper...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found these parts in my travels to misc military junkyards. What are they?

From top left:

1. fuel pump of some sort

2. HEAVY lifting shackle of an unknown type

3. gas can thingy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a Chevrolet mecanical fuel pump, tow shackle for armor ( tow cables can be pivoted right on that device) and the cap to draw fuel from a jerry can (or drum with and extended pickup).

CGarbee

Gas can thingy is very useful to have around it you have generator, welder, heater, etc. equiped with a fuel pump that you want to feed from a jerry can.

westfolk

Fuel pump looks identical to the one on my Pettibone Super 6 forklift. Has an International BD-220 gas engine.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
The answer on the shackle is correct and the gravity fuel adapter was used on both generators and tent heaters. We always set them up outside our GP Mediums and routed the fuel line to the stove inside. They can glow red hot and do a good job if the liner is in the tent. I almost died from one in my GP small, I was having a dream that I was swimming and drowning when the fire guard came in and woke me up the fuel mist and smoke in the tent was too thick to see in and I stumbled out in the snow coughing and spitting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks