• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Awesome photo

SMOKEWAGON66

Awesome pic! The CH-47 is my all time favorite chopper. Ive flown in them several times while in the Army, and even hooked some slings to the bottom of it. Quite a rush that is. When I re-up'ed in '02, They landed one near my motorpool, took me and 12 of my buddys bout 100 miles south of FTW just past Greely and landed above the clouds on a snow covered peak so I could take the oath...it was really beach'en but the one guy who took pics lost them :( On the way back flying map of the earth in the tanana river bed, the crew cheif came to the back and put oil in the system..while we were flying lol. When we got back to our LZ, (which was reserved for the whole day for us) there was a 105mm arty gun setup complete with tent, camo nets and a perimeter right in the middle...the pilots thought it would be funny to blow the camo nets and tent across the field since they werent supposed to be there. The arty guys gave us a real dirty look when we walked off the back ramp right by where they were sitting lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks