• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water chiller for M149A2

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for the water chilling unit that mounts on the shelf at the front of an M149A2 trailer. If you know where I can locate one, please let me know.

Thanks!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Bruce:
I don't know where they would be found but I certainly remember the rush to install them back in 1990 to our fleet of water buffalos. The thing I remember about them too is that most of them never got used since we bought millions of bottles of water and ice. I seem to remember the mechanics fussing with one that they tried to run but that talcum like sand mentioned in the other post did a lot of damage to small engine items. Problem was that Soldiers that had these and generators in the desert would run them for days until they quit and not having suffient filters on hand most just removed the filter and started it back up this doomed thousands of engines to a frictionous death and like you stated the dustlike sand did damage that in many cases took replacement to cure. Good luck I will see if I can find any info on them and let you know

ida34

These are like pink elephants. Heard a lot about them and never seen one. I heard stories while we were in the desert in 1990 but we never got one. Check my pics in my post under reader rides. It shows the buffalo I had. We only used that water for cleaning and cooking. We had boxes of bottled water. We would take a tube sock and put the bottle in that. Then we would get the sock wet. When the water evaporated it cooled the water in the bottle. Just keep the sock wet. When it is 140 degrees out 90 degree water seems like ice water.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there was one, I believe, at the army surplus store in Gran Prarie TX, don't know the store name or if it is still there. Maybe someone knows the store? I can't seem to find it online in yellow pages or what..

ida34

Re: RE: Water chiller for M149A2

emmado22 said:
I've seen them.. They work well when they are working...
Isn't that kind of like the ads for cars that say "runs great won't start"?

jasonjc

RE: Re: RE: Water chiller for M149A2

We had one on are buffalo,it never ran when I was there.All it did was make the front so heavy that in took3-4 guys to hook it up. And yes we to use bottle water for drinking that and pespi and some kind of milk in little boxes that did not need to be kept cool (white,cholate,and banana)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Water chiller for M149A2

Thanks, guys! I saw about 15 of them come up in GA on GL about a year ago. They looked brand new. I bid but did not get one. They went for around $700 apiece.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scrounger, that could be it. The only pictures I've seen of one were on GL and that was a year ago. I am not very familiar with them. Is this one yours? If so, are you selling it?

Scrounger

Actually I have two of them. They are powered by a Briggs and Stratton 18 hp engine. They have three water lines, one is for supply from tank, one for return to tank and the third is for delivery. For fuel they are supplied like the generators or space heaters. If you are interested in one send me a PM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks