• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 Worked Great Today

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got a chance to hook up the M105 to the tractor and get some work out of her. We hauled about 2.5 cords of wood way out from the back of the forest to the firepit. This is what a M105 was made for, drag it through the woods and dont worry about any damage.

I did not get good picture of the trailer but you get the idea.

Now where is the cold weather???

Attachments

KsM715

How do you hook it up to your tractor? 3pt hitch? Ive discovered that when I pull my trailers down hill with my new holland they tend to push the 3pt up. (can be scary if your not ready for it)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff that is a good question. I did not hook up to the 3 point yet and not sure that I am going to go this route. This is hooked up to the standard steel hitch that has a receiver welded to the hitch bar. The assembly works but I had it loaded pretty good today and am looking at ways to improve the safety factor. I am not comfortable with the amount of stress that is probably being put on the welds with the twisting and turning on the logging roads and off roading. It was probably close to 5000 lbs once we had the trailer fully loaded on the first trip.

I have top not yet figured out a good way to mount a pintle on the 3 point hitch assembly and hook up to my top and tilt so I dont get the problem you are describing.

I would like suggestions and or pictures if anyone has figured out a good / safe 3 point pintle hitch assembly.

Last edited:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made a three point hitch mount for a receiver, and usually leave it on the tractor with a pintle hook, for all sorts of stuff. But I don't have hills steep enough to cause the hitch to raise up, as described. Basically, one needs to go cautiously when using a farm tractor, pulling that kind of weight, when its on wheels. I have a M105 & M796 Bolster that I sometimes use off road. The MEP, of course, has brakes, and probably, that wouldn't be an issue.

I was using the MEP to run a compressor to blow out some water lines, last Fall, on a remote, solar powered well

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks