• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

titling M105 in NY

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
NY is lax at prsent. Ask local DMV .If you can tell them it was never registered I think they will tell you - VIN tracing, Weight slip, noterized bill of sale, MV82(green registration form),proof of sales tax(green coupon MV??)...and customs clearence for any foriegn vehicle. You could call it homeade and go that route but best to be 100% truthful. JimK

badgeboy16

I've never titled a trailer w/o the paperwork, but I believe jimk is correct. I registered my XM211 in November with just a bill of sale. The bill of sale, vin tracing & digital photo (2 copies) and a DMV form signed by the previous owner was all I needed. (And paying the sales tax of course!) The transaction was flagged by DMV for investigation (several of the same VIN's in the system), but I ended up getting my transferrable registration in the mail in a couple of weeks.

Just ask your local DMV what you need and from my experience, they will help you out. When you don't have everything the first time ( and it will happen) just be "polite" and they will assist you in getting it done. In my case, it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be! If all else fails, send GL the $60.

Hope this helps!

YankeeDuece

I'm trying to register my 105A2 for the first time with a bill of sale clearly listing the 4-digit VIN#(big problem), NSN#, FSN#, digital photos of the data plates and trailer and "no gots". I can either have it weighed and hope it comes in under 1000#'s(good luck) and register it as homemade or go to Albany and pay upwards of $250.00 to have a VIN# assigned to it. The B.o.S is for $100.00!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the tailgate off and the wheel up front and see if it gets you any closer to the 1k mark. Thats a couple hundred right there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks