• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A1,2,3 Dimensions please?

Crank

I have a Kaufman 22' Equipment trailer I bought when I got out of the service, and while it's huge and is really nice, I want something a little smaller to hook to so I can drag my Kawasaki Teryx SxS around and maybe throw wood in it or something like that. Plus have the option to throw a sleeping bag in it if I take my Teryx somewhere to wheel.

I like the M105 trailers but they are big for what I want it for. I would take one for if I ever got to bobb a deuce, but I'm looking at the M101 series trailers.

Does anyone have any dimensions of all 3 series trailers? I read here that the A3's are wider between the wheel wells, which would be better for fitting my SxS in inside.

Also what is the approx weight of a M101 with bows and tarp?

And how about the going rate for one???

Thanks for the help fellas!!!

quickfarms

How wide is Your sxs?

The beds are all 8 feet long and they weigh about 1500 with top, bows etc

The a1 and a2 beds Are the same

The a1 weighs a little less and the a3 is the heaviest

Crank

I did search, sorry, but it was for M116 stuff, before realizing that the M116 is the base of the M101. My bad!

Looks like the Teryx is at 58" wide in stock trim. And I'd still like it to be a bit wider just so it didn't have to squeeze every time.

It does look like the M101A3 bed is 55" wide, which is still too narrow. I do like this M105 bed found on the classifieds here. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/vehicles-sale/83462-unique-lowered-m105a2-vse-refurbished.html

What are the M101 wheel wells made from? I'm wondering if I got a A3 bed, maybe the wheel wells could be chopped and narrowed a touch. 2.5 inches on either side would put me clearing, have a 5 ft wide flat surface, and that would make me happy.

KsM715

With a little work I bet you could get it set up so you could run the front tires up and over the fenderwells.

3dAngus

I did search, sorry, but it was for M116 stuff, before realizing that the M116 is the base of the M101. My bad!

Looks like the Teryx is at 58" wide in stock trim. And I'd still like it to be a bit wider just so it didn't have to squeeze every time.

It does look like the M101A3 bed is 55" wide, which is still too narrow. I do like this M105 bed found on the classifieds here. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/vehicles-sale/83462-unique-lowered-m105a2-vse-refurbished.html

What are the M101 wheel wells made from? I'm wondering if I got a A3 bed, maybe the wheel wells could be chopped and narrowed a touch. 2.5 inches on either side would put me clearing, have a 5 ft wide flat surface, and that would make me happy.

55" wide is only a little over 4 1/2 feet. Your numbers are off. Use google for this, not SS. There are plenty of charts out there that make the comparisons of dimensions side by side. I usually use Olive-Drab.

M101 Trailer, Cargo, 3/4 ton.

or... use the link therealSundance put up.

Last edited:

Crank

55" wide is only a little over 4 1/2 feet. Your numbers are off.
I do not see how my numbers are off, I seen where between the wheel wells on an A3 is 55", going another 2.5" into the fenderwell, would net a 60" wide width, making that 5'. Measurement read here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/62732-m101a2-m101a3-need-advice.html This is why I'm asking here, because more than likely there are people with these very trailers, possibly using these for the same applications, and can provide accurate measurements, versus some stupid chart on ebay, and the bad thing about random charts is they rarely are the same, and most of them don't have the width measurement between the bedsides, which is one of the important ones in this case.

I do realize that they have a tall tailgate height, which isn't too much of a concern for loading my SxS, and gives me an advantage if I want to drag it around on my farm for utility work, or take it thru the woods for camping. I can always find a bank to back up to for loading or use some ramps.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fenders can be cut loose and moved out wherever you need them. Tire clearance may suffer. I will get a measurement from tbe inner fender to the tire.

quickfarms

You could take an a2 or a3, remove the wheel wells, use a2 tires, add or extend the fenders and have a custom axle tube, spindle to spindle, made by a company like champion trailer, this new tube could even be setup to mount on top of the springs to lower the bed height.

In the end you would have a trailer that is more useful than a straight atv trailer.

Crank

I was kind of thinking taking the 12 bolt beadlock wheels and having them recentered to stick out a bit further for clearance if necessary. I'd like to keep the modifications down as much as possible, and not blow the budget-ness of a military surplus trailer on changing everything about it. Thinking narrowing the inner fenders and just using a 2 or 3 piece folding ramp for loading my Teryx.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks