• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Wreck

TedG

Hi,

I thought you would like to see my ex-humvee. :cry: It was side swiped by a track-hoe on a low-boy trailer last Friday night :cry: . Fortunately no one was injured so now I can show you all!!! :D But the Humvee took a beating! Damage estimates are currently US$15K. Just a reminder, keep your insurance up to date for accidents happen to mv's also! :shock:

Humvee on highway, stopped, waiting for a left turn and the truck driver responded too late...at least he did not rear end the humvee! The new owner was in the humvee.

Attachments

N1265

RE: HMMWV Before and After

Where would you take a humvee to get damage like that repaired ? I bet it would be a first for your local body shop.

Or are you sending it to a humvee dealer ?

Just wondering.......

TedG

As stated, no one was injured! Could have been a lot worse.

The owner has received pricing from me and an H1 dealership on parts and then he will decide how to have it fixed. Even though it looks bad, the amount of work to repair is not that bad. The worst area is below the A-pillar (windshield) around air intake box.

Again, keep your insurance up to date and make sure it is correct for your use!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

We are not allowed to show battle damage pictures but believe me the ones we saw in Iraq and Afghanistan make this look like a motorpool drive by scrape. I know this is a terrible thing but sheet metal an glass can be fixed. I am glad no one was hurt and we hope to see her restored to her glory day condition. We are doing alot of refurbishing of ours too but many are so badly damaged that they are never going to drive again. I thank God that the armor saves many Soldiers and hope that it gets even better in the future. An intersting note is that our UAH's role out at a whopping 12K lbs when fully armed and loaded for patrols keep these great guys in your prayers.

Thanks for posting the pictures and I am glad you all are OK.

ida34

Tedg,
My son and I remember seeing your ex-truck at the Clare Show. We had the slightly rusted out M1009 near the driveway at the other end of the show from you. It was a great time. Sorry to hear about your old vehicle but is sounds like you might be able to make a little money if you repair it for the new owner. I hope you will make it next year with the prospective 5 ton. I forgot to post in the other topic but I got my insurance from a place in FL. I forgot the name but I got the name from other people on the forum so I am sure someone will know it and chime in. The wanted a registration showing it was a historic vehicle and wanted pictures. No locked garage requirement and they know exactly what they are insuring. They seemed very familiar with military trucks. They do declared value also.

Thanks
Chuck

ida34

I did the search and it is GulfWay Insurers of Hudson, Inc in Florida. Here is the website. http://www.racensur.com/ Yes I could have walked out in the 20 degree weather to check my proof of insurance but I am sick and don't feel like going outside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks