• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M561 fuel tank refill start

Charlie 6

Both fuel tanks on my M561 had black algae and who knows what in them. I just drained both tanks, disconnected both tanks by-pass fuel lines, cleaned out both tanks with a pressure washer, they are now clean inside. This weekend I will reinstall the by-pass lines and fill the tanks with fresh diesel. I then plan to replace both fuel filters and top them off with fuel before I attempt to start the goat. Anyone done this before, anything else I should do so the goat will start and not die because of air that might have gotten in the lines?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks