• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camouflage Netting for Unimog?

saddamsnightmare

March 25th, 2012.

Gents:

Before the moderators have a fit, let me tell you WHY I will be looking for some temperate green camouflage netting for the Unimog...... Right now I am not in the wealth to buy it even if it turns up....
But, remember I work at the Lincoln Home National Historic Site here in scenic downtown Springfield, Illinois as a Park Ranger for the NPS, and our Superintendent has been kind enough to let me park my 1963 S404.114 Swiss Cargo Unimog in the alley behind my office, so many thanks there...
BUT the problem is when the NPS put in the board fences behind the lots abutting the alley, they only made them 6' high! Anyone see a problem with a 9' tall OD/Forest Green Unimog parked the the alley within sight of the Lincoln Home behind a 6' tall white board fence? Now to you or I, a 9' tall Unimog in the picture, or at least the top 3' visible over the fence would wet the curiousity of most visitors (like us, who collect O.D.Iron), but... but.... the purity of the photographic scene should be preserved, and even with my office in front of it, the Unimog is visible in southwest to northeast shots of the front of the Lincoln Home, and I really hate trying to find a spot to park the truck elsewhere. While the netting will not camouflage the truck completely, I figure that a good serviceable piece of netting that will cover an 8' wide x 9' tall x 16' long truck might break up the angularity enough to make her less obvious...
No chance of plants turning up in front of the truck to hide it, and nowhere else in the park has a place to hide the Unimog in the bushes... so...
Any suggestions (urban camouflage does not work on Unimogs, trust me on this one), but I figured it would give you folks a chance to come up with some interesting ideas and maybe in the intermediate run some reasonable sources for the stuff in Illinois.... Funny how the truck did better in semi rural N.E. Texas, whereas the 686A Tan deuce stood out like a sore thumb in the greenery there.....

Have a good evening,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks