• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 127 Trailers coming up for Sale Lakehurst NJ

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
OK I missed out on the M 818 due to one guy with very deep pockets. Do you think he will be trying to get trailers too? I am looking at going for one to tow with my duece using my yet to be built dolly converter. Do any of you plan on bidding on one of these? I usually bid a low bid on all of them and then go for one that I really want just so I can see what I did on the M 818 sale. Since they are coming up in a week I am getting busy on the convertor and will post some pictures of the build.

westfolk

You read it right. They are one heavy duty trailer. I only have one. Someday I'll have more. Thay are rated for 12 ton. Like any other MV it can take alot more than that.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
The TM says that they can be loaded to carry 36,000 pounds and that looks very doable in what I see in my trailer. The frame rails are heavy and deep I beams and the axles are big and well placed. The really neat thing about them too is the sideboards are a beautiful old mahogany wood that cleans up well

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, does yours still have the I.D. tag? Mine states it has a 55,000# payload on highway.

Mike_Pop

Ever wonder what would happen if you merged a generator trailer with an M118 trailer?

You would get something like this: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/junormaneureka/album/576460762329178706/photo/294928803405786824/16

I converted this trailer to a bumper pulled unit by adding the tongue from a generator trailer (M103A3), removed the axles and raised them up, and added a 5' beaver tail from the leftover iron from the gen trailer. So far, this setup has worked well and I have hauled a load of 5 tons from NJ to CA with no problems. I might make another one and move the axle a little more forward to reduce the tongue weight.

After purchasing the M118 for $200 and getting the M103A3 for free, my overall expenses were about $1300. I did put about three weeks of labor into it. Anyone have a data plate for an M117 or M118?

Mike Pop

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are still about a half dozen M127 trailers parked in the bottom rear of the scrapyard at Colemans' in PA. Shawn would probably sell them cheap since they've been there a long time and he wants to clean out the yard.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, does Shawn have any M118 trailers out there? For reference its a smaller M127 with a single axle and deuce wheels!
Thanks

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure could use one of those trailers... I have also tried to get a dolly and been highly outbid. Making one makes perfect sense!

When do the trailers come up for auction?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry4x4 said:
Mike, does Shawn have any M118 trailers out there? For reference its a smaller M127 with a single axle and deuce wheels!
Thanks
Not sure, Ken - but I'll check when I go back in a couple weeks.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you are looking for a dolly I might be able to let you use mine for a while since I am getting a tractor. It is currently sitting under my M 127 but the landing legs work so I could pull it out. Let me know by PM.

Mike_Pop

If you didn't see the posting about making a dolly, check out this link to Cabell's site: http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/mikepop/mikepop 004.jpg

I made a dolly by using a fifth wheel, an M105 trailer, some 1/2" steel plates, and some 3/4" bolts. I was able to tow an M118 that I picked up near Asheville, NC all the way back to New Jersey without any problems. I have since given the dolly to a friend of mine who has used it to pull his military office trailer with his deuce.

Mike Pop

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks