• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

firetruck is no longer green

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Were you there during? I have wondered about useing it. What type of blaster was used, siphon, pressure pot? Did you just tape off the windows, and go crazy, or was there more prep?

rdixiemiller

Soda blasting is done with a pressure pot sandblasting rig. Loud as any blasting like that. Does a really nice job of cleaning up metal, and the mild alkalinity of the soda helps prevent flash rusting.

texas-5-ton

Update !! Still no paint. Day number two on the preperation and this thing is about to kill me. I had no idea that there was so much stuff to take off of this thing to get it ready. Over the past two days, we have removed the grille, headlights, mirrors and brackets, hard top, jerry can holder, exhaust, axe and shovel holder off of toolbox, mudflaps (front and back), turn signals, breather intake, tail lights, tool box doors, winshield frame ( was rotted but have a new one to put back in), and probably several other things that I have forgot to mention. I think that the payoff will be worth it. It should be a very nice looking truck when completed but it has been a nightmare getting to this point. I will post some more pictures soon.

Have a good evening

Chad

JDToumanian

That looks great! Makes me want to do that on my trucks...

If you don't mind my asking, how much did that cost and how long did it take?

texas-5-ton

Hey Jon,

Thanks for the comment. We paid $2,000 to get all of the paint knocked off. It was expensive but it was ALOT of work for this guy to get it all off. It took him 3 full days to get it done, sun-up til sun-down. There was a couple of places that the baking soda wouldn't penetrate the paint but we finished it up with a small sand-blaster. Just found out from the painter that we are not going to start back on it again until Tuesday :| . Maybe Santa will paint it on Sunday night and put it all back togather for me..

Chad

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks