• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP wheels

Augdog1964

Hey all,

The M936 is home, debating 395/85r20s or the 1600s, anybody have pics that show the difference? I need to ensure that the lifting capacity the wrecker is maintained for pulling armor and steel plate...

Also is the MRAP rim a good rim for this application? Will it bolt to a 5 ton?

Sorry... as I said before trucks are new... if you want to discuss live vs. dead track or return rollers, I can provide my .02. Rims on a US truck are new...

Thanks in advance!

eldgenb

MRAP use portal hubs and wheels so they will not bolt on. I would stick with 14.00's and 5 ton combat or Hemtt wheels which was what the military put on the A2's, the 395's will look too small the 16's put you up high in the air and will affect wrecker operations.
Just my .02

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks