• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Vehicle ?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like something from a flightline or warehouse. Seriously doubt it has a "M" designation but could still be considered military.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen those used in alot of NADEPS to move small parts when overhauling aircraft.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If it ever belonged to the military or was used by the military in a support role I would give it a pass.

I'm fond of the little warehouse tugs that pop up on GL but I have too many projects as it is.

When I was in Korea we had a little walking tractor (also called a Rice Paddy Assault Vehicle {RPAV} or a "One Eyed Water Buffalo") that was used around post.

It was powered by a one cylinder, water cooled diesel engine and had several PTO shafts sticking out all over it. There was a two wheeled cart attached to the back that had a live axle under it.

I got the Maintainence guy to give me a license for it and I would take it for rides around our small compound. Since I was the Colonel's driver it was a source of amusement for the Command Sergeant Major to see me putt-putting around on it.

I have pics but they are not in digits.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wreckerman, if you'd like me to scan the pics for you let me know.

I wonder if the bike needs an EUC?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nsn 7820-01-923-0054
dorkmobile, tricycle, utility, 1 ea
mfr clown cars f/t blind and unlaid
class 7820 date: Not anymore

ARLawrence

i've actually seen those before.... think we still have some of them floating around building 3001 at tinker..... a massive warehouse/manufacturing/ aircraft building facility.. think its one of air forces biggest buildings..

i know for a while the air force was going with a green approch to buying vechicles... we had this brand new F-250 long bed 6 pack, loved the truck, and sure enough, all of them were replaced by these LSV's (low speed vechicle) it was a T-Mag 5 passanger mini truck van thing, with the engine under the drivers seats... every thing was written in japanese, couldnt even do the speed limit around base with it... i kept on breaking it, three transmissions later, the gave us a new F-150... but the whole thing was some genereal somewhere had to made some big decisiion to save the air force money by buying these mini trucks, got some sort or medal... then a year later they were all replaced

Flyingvan911

I bet you could take a picture of the paper picture with a digital camera. I've done it before.

The sacrafice if money and small vehicles is small potatos for a metal. That General knew how to work the system.

196thprober

I'd call it VERY cool and unique! Love to have one of those moving around the Showgrounds June 8-10 + other thoughts. Anyone know where there are more/another one?

Last edited:

196thprober

Wreckerman, if you'd like me to scan the pics for you let me know.

I wonder if the bike needs an EUC?

I'd really like to see the pics that wreckerman has of that rig if you guys could make it happen! I also remember several 1 cylinder cushman scooters around Watervleit Arsenal in the early '60s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks