• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Small/Mid-sized camper ideas

michigandon

So I was playing around researching the idea of an S788 on an M103, and I stumbled onto this little gem:

http://www.aarcorp.com/gov/Mobility/Shelters/Truck_Mounted_Shelters/PDFs/05-12-TrailerMSC.pdf

Has anyone here ever seen or have one of these units? I'm guessing that one might be a bit hard to come by as searching found NO mention of it on this site. Is it insulated like the "Gitchner" S-series shelters are?

I'm open to other ideas/suggestions to create a similar sized unit as well. :)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It would be pretty cozy......especially if you were a large fellow.

I liked my 280 shelter when I had it on the back of a deuce........plenty of room and easily heated or cooled.

If you don't want to tie up the back of your deuce you can make a trailer out of an old deuce frame and bed or put one on a bolster trailer or similar type trailer.

michigandon

I really like Neils M109 trailer, but I'd like something that takes up less room in the yard. Not only that. I don't feel like doing all the fabricating on the hitch and setting up the brakes, wiring, etc.

A 280 or similar on a Bolster trailer or something comparable is certainly not out of the question though!

michigandon

The thing that I do not like about the CBC is that it does not appear to be insulated like the S-series shelters are.

I still like my 788 on a 103 idea. Anyone see any reason why that would NOT work out OK?

Hoefler

I am currently doing a build with a 788 Gichner body. Have built a tube frame for it and now have the body set down on it for first fitting. It will have independent air bag suspension, 3500 pound capacity, pop top, bathroom-shower and cook top. Two fold down beds for over night camping. Unit will also be able to lower flat down to the ground making her suitable for ice fishing.
Total empty weight is coming in at around 1200 pounds making this something a car could pull.
Have just begun the build.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks