• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xtreme Builds an LMTV M1078 Expo RIG/camper

DSD277

That was what they posted as the trip's cruising speed. In print, I see 55mph in the TM and seen 58mph in other places on the web. The LMTV has a 225HP engine, and the MTV is 290.
Looking back at the pic, the LMTVT w/ the JKU in it is over 10,500lbs gross. The curb weight of the LMTV is just under 17k, plus the shelter, I don't think you'd want to hot rod it;)

This is all I can do while I'm waiting for my MTV :popcorn:............:lol:

CombatVet

As for the speed of the FMTV/LMTV, I drove them in the deserts of Iraq. They run/drive like a dream! I fell in love with them while on my deployment. And I thought the HMMT wrecker was fast, pffft...the TV's are hot rod compared to most other MV's. Now, this is not written in stone. I was carrying a fairly light load on my 100 mile journey to our destination, and it still smelled like a new truck. But, I tell you...these things are fun to drive!:driver::razz:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks