• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Mule Experts HELP

colt45727

I have a line on a mule, but have some questions on it. Its a a2 I think, with 400+ hours on it. The bed is off it and it has to have some pieces put back on it (bed, linkage, tank, side rails etc). The bed is in good shape but there is a little chunk missing where the engine lid goes. It has a starter, 4 wheel steer, and comes with all these parts....

- 12volt engine starter kit
- all new tires and tubes
- all new axel seals
- new carb(still in box)
- new tune up parts
- all new decal set

He had a custom diamond plate cover made for the bed also. Another part is I dont know if the linkage is all there (pictures)

There are other pics of the stuff that comes with it, but they are too big and a lot of them.

I have enough cash to buy it ,but I want to make sure Im not going to dump a lot into it either.

What would yall think that this is worth?

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mule parts are $$$$, make a low offer, as mules eat cash!!! I'd say $2000 at the most, especially with the 4 banger. They can be a bear to work on, as they are tempermental.

colt45727

Thanks for the replys, It is a 2 cyl but there are so many parts that are in bags, that I wouldnt know where to start.

I think Im going to pass on it, just havent made up my mind. He says he has all the parts but I think theres some missing in the pics, and he didnt mention them in what he has. Plus with the little cash I have I cant afford to be in the whole.

He wants too much and wont move on the price or even trade on it.aua
I might the bite bullet, but just didnt know what would be a fair price.

Thank you for the replies, Ill figure it out lol

crankshaft45

You didn't mention the asking price, but that would be a big consiceration. If all the parts are there it might be worth 2-3K. But take into consideration that the deck is magniesium and would probably be expensive to weld up that hole. Also the deck looks quite pitted, would require a lot of soda blasting and filling to make it look decent again. Balance the repair/restore cost to one that is complete.

It is said that pound for pound the mule is the most expensive military vehicle to restore.

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mule parts are $$$$, make a low offer, as mules eat cash!!! I'd say $2000 at the most, especially with the 4 banger. They can be a bear to work on, as they are tempermental.
I disagree about the 4 banger, they generally bring 25-50% prem when restored.

Can't really give a decent price b/c the pics are too small and not enough.

colt45727

Yea The pics did turn out pretty small, on gmail they are massive. The deck / bed has a lot of dings in it and it is also magnesium. That would be hard to fix.

He's asking $3500 and wont budge, he claims he already has 6k into it.

I do have more pics but there are a lot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks