• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL asked help for client

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Had a GL rep call me Tuesday to ask If I was interested in helping one of her clients get an item off Ft Benning so he could arrange shipping to CT.
She has always been wonderful when I picked up my own stuff or for someone else and I sorta felt like I needed to return some of her good will and cooperation.

Seems like this feller was trying to get his little Polaris Ranger ATV thingy picked up for quite some time and no one would help him cause it was an LTL and a low paying load even as a backhaul...besides getting thru security on base etc...:roll:

Anyhoo...she asked me if I could do anything and gave me the fellers # in CT. Called him up...super nice guy...made a deal and he paid me by CC up front for the pickup.

Went out with my driver and picked it up today...the GL feller that helped us was super nice...just as the lady has always been...located the ATV thingy and he was about to pick it up with the forklift...I stopped him...said...hey...we got this...LOL:grin: It already had some damage to the rear axles that the buyer was aware of...didn't wanna see anymore happen on my watch.;-)

It was supposedly used by the Ranger Training Unit here.

Here's a few pics:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB, pretty nice way to help one of them Connecticut Yankees!!!!!!!!! We'll have to have a Natty Light when we see eachother again, JT
Danggit JT...it's been too long...don't forget to save me one of them "stoggies" ya smoke...I'll get back up that way...sometime...:grin:

Or maybe you will come to the po' house...mine...lol

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:beer:

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice of you to do that papabear [thumbzup]

and WTF...!!!

what happened to that ATV? Looks like it was being sling-loaded by a helo and it got "released" kinda early...

Would love to know what the CT guy paid for it...

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very strange he could not find this in CT? Lets see even if you bought for $400, paid 300+ to ship then 200+ maybe to get running hummmmmmmmmmmmm numbers add up quick. Must be a special 4 Wheeler. :cookoo:

Thank you PB for helping out GL and another person in need.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Nice of you to do that papabear [thumbzup]
and WTF...!!!
what happened to that ATV? Looks like it was being sling-loaded by a helo and it got "released" kinda early...
Would love to know what the CT guy paid for it...
Well...it just wouldn't be right to tell his business...but the engine "supposedly runs".

I think the whole frame is "tweaked." The gas cap fell off because the whole front seems to be shifted about 3 inches forward....besides the rear axle damage.

I know these things cost a few bucks...but I just don't see a profit or even a break even scenerio by the time it gets to CT.aua

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
..... She has always been wonderful when I picked up my own stuff or for someone else ....
Guess I got to know her name already; starts with "T" ... sure enough she should be on that list of remarkable GL employees!

And you Papabear belong to the list of most helpful - nowadays hard to find - type of persons!
And I have a very good reason for saying this...!:grin:

G.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recognition.....

For this heroic action, PB is properly, publicly and permanently pronounced an

AWESOME AMBASSADOR
OF THE OD GREEN HOBBY.

This citation, along with wearing CAMO (instead of PINK) skivvies will bring him GREAT RECOGNITION from his fellow addicts and peers.

poppop

And then there is the Soldier home on leave a couple years ago the needed an alternater for his Duece. PB offered him one for free but it was to far away. I was 30 miles from his travel route and PB said "give him an alternater off one of your trucks and I will replace it." I did and PB did, three times over. When I left the Ga Rally that year there were three alternaters laying by my truck thanks to PB. My hats off to Papabear, one of the finest Troups in SS.:beer:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good job PB.

I just bought a new quad last Sunday and there is no way that damage can be repaired for $200 I can assure you. :-(

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
And then there is the Soldier home on leave a couple years ago the needed an alternater for his Duece. PB offered him one for free but it was to far away. I was 30 miles from his travel route and PB said "give him an alternater off one of your trucks and I will replace it." I did and PB did, three times over. When I left the Ga Rally that year there were three alternaters laying by my truck thanks to PB. My hats off to Papabear, one of the finest Troups in SS.:beer:
:oops::oops::oops:That all sounds good for me Lloyd...but you Sir were the one who actually accomplished the mission...being to help a young soldier in need.:beer:
Yes...we worked out the small chit later but YOU were the "boots on the ground" feller that took an altenator off his running truck and got the young troop squared away.:)

You and I are too old to do much more than help out the young fellers and hopefully offer some good advice and keep them moving in the right direction.

We don't get together often Brother...but I'm proud to call you my friend and say I love fellers like you...in a non-gay sorta way!:-o

Ain't that what old fellers are supposed to do?

Attachments

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good on ya Papabear! That was a very kind thing to do.

I made the mistake of buying a running but clapped out Honda quad a year ago for $1000. Big mistake. I would have spent way more to get it right than a good one would have cost.

I sold it to a farmer that just needed it to get through one irrigation season and he didn't care about the brakes being bad.

poppop

PB, you don't know how much those words mean to me.

All I can say is Thank you
I am Proud to make small footprints behind your gaint steps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks