• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M353 not just for gen sets

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I was doing some information dredging on google on the M353 and I found out that they are not solely used for generator sets. I found a TIM mentioning they have been equipped with several different models of mine clearing equipment (MICLIC). The TM is TM 9-1375-215-13 in case anyone was intereste, thought I would share since it is the first I had read about using them as such.

This manual contains instructions for Operator, Unit, and Direct Support (DS) maintenance of the Mine Clearance Line Charge (MICLIC). MICLIC is the Army's acronym for their mine clearing system. The Marine Corps' single-shot, mine clearing system is designated as the MK 2 MOD 0 Mine Clearing System. In this Joint Army/Marine Corps manual the term MICLIC will be used to refer to both the MICLIC or the MK 2 MOD 0 system unless otherwise stated. The primary purpose of MICLIC is to clear a safe, continuous path for vehicles through minefields composed of pressure fuzed, single impulse, non-blast hardened mines. It can be deployed against both hasty and deliberate minefields.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Cool lots of love for the M353 :) I wouldn't mind finding some sort of retractable light stand assembly for mine, would go well with the generator/fuel tank setup I have in mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks