• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anniversary of the Doolittle raid

monkster

Did anyone go and or get any pics of the B 25 s at Dayton OH. We had 2 fly over the farm going there. I understand 17 B 25s were to fly in.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter

RodUSMC1962

To do what these guys did at this point of the war they must have had steel b---s. Not to take anything away from what all others did. Just to fly into japan at that point of the war and knowing what would probably happen.

sinkaferd

I'm a newby and don't know exactly how to send them to you , but , a friend of mine went to the air field and took some great pictures. Be glad to share if you give me instructions.........

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm a newby and don't know exactly how to send them to you , but , a friend of mine went to the air field and took some great pictures. Be glad to share if you give me instructions.........

When you are typing a reply, just scroll down below your text box a little and you'll see a button to "Manage Attachments" like in the screenshop I'm posting. From there just upload the pics you want to submit and they should resize automatically if needed. Easy

Attachments

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's really nice to see those planes still flying around. It's a shame that so many of them have been lost over time. I'm glad that there are orginizations out there preserving them as much as they can.

I was there on the 18th and saw the fly-over. The planes were on the normally closed runway on Area B but I couldn't get close enough to take pictures of them on the ground. It is my understanding that there was a static display on Tuesday the 17th, but I missed that. I didn't count them, but newspaper reports said that there were 20 B-25s that participated.

Only 4 of the remaining 5 raiders actually made it to the reunion, so this may indeed be the last reunion which features the original raiders. They did take part in the Memorial Service that was held at 1:30 pm in the Memorial Park at the Museum. It was quite a crowd and I couldn't get close enough to shake their hand, but it was an amazing event.

I have pictures of the 68th reunion that was held in 2010 at the US Air Force Museum. During that earlier event I did manage to walk down the flight line to inspect the planes that had shown up. Here's one or two pictures from that earlier reunion.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks