• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M102A2 goes south - not in a good way

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're going to hate me for this, went to a country type farm auction - sort of a rural community thing - loads of farm equipment, loads of crap in boxes - hand tools and your general spring clearout...
I was bidding on a tidy '68 M102A2, used for hauling gravel last, few small dings, couple of holes cut in the rear passenger side, only one coat of desert over green. However, due to other recent GL purchace - chickened out at $150 - it went to $180.
Later found out that the scrap guy got it! >: (

and no - I didn't get any pics, didn't even think of it to tell the truth. Shame.

It did have extra railings/framework on the tops of the sides, with 1/4 turn fastners locked by daiper type pins. There was an info plate on said extra frame, couldn't make out much other than "remove before inflation"something....

Tried to find the scrappie for a cash deal but to no avail.....
May try to run by there tomorrow - scrappie will have to bring a couple of tractor trailers for all the stuff that had his dayglo paint on it, he'll probably wait for Monday for collection...

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well considering scrap is about $280 a ton and a M102 weighs around a ton, I'd say he did ok.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correction - M105A2

Yup - "Can't save em all".....

Got some pics on my phone but all I can do is text them to another phone! Must be another way...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks