• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CARC-like tan, source?

Sam27

Here's my beatup old CUCV:

I need to do some "touch up", plus paint the door to match the rest. I don't know for sure if the tan is CARC or just tan over the original green CARC. Is there tan CARC? I checked Rapco and see no CARC substitute in tan. Does this look like mil paint at all? If so, I'm looking for a source. Otherwise I'll just get Krylon or whatever in flat tan.

Thanks for any leads.

sprucemt

I have tan and black issue one part carc in quarts in stock. Shipped USPS, no hazmat fee. $8.00 per quart plus shipping. $15.00 minimum order on the website.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice looking Great Dane Sam! I have been trying to talk my wife into one, but she's afraid it will dwarf our Chocolate Lab and make give her a "little dog complex."

TACMED

I have seen alot of Mil Vehicles like you are driving, with green 383 Doors. If I am correct in this, your vehicle looks like it was painted "TAN" this was the color used during "Desert Storm". The color that the military uses now in OIF is "SAND" it is a little darker than the tan that was used during desert storm.

Dieselsmoke

The two CARC colors I have are 10371 buff, and 27778 Beige. The buff is whiter and matched my five ton perfect. The Beige looks more like your truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks