• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m211 conversion

deuceman51

It could probably be done. The wheelbase as i'm sure you know is longer on an M211 than the M215, but with some mods just about anything can be done with these trucks. It might be easer to just locate an M215.

garp

i agree Troy that finding a M215 would be easier. But youve seen my M211, that tank is ugly as sin, the longer wheel basae would just leav extra room for a behind cab spare tire rack.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps it would be easier to source a regular cargo bed and add dumping capabilities. I think if you use the M215 bed and space it back a bit, it may not look right with the cab protector not covering the cab completely. Just a thought!

pa.rich

Ive seen a 12 ft. bed made to dump with an electric hydraulic set up but they are 2500.00 The pto for the M215 is rare as hens teeth. Been there, done that. Also the channel on the cargo beds are too lite to hold up well under heavy loads. They need reinforcement. It isnt a double acting tailgate either, but for occassional use its O.K. I have had many dumps, so I know the problems with them . I am working on a military bed now that is rusted out so bad the hinges broke off. But I will restore it. Lots of 5 ton dumps up for sale on G.L. but too far away.

davesgmc

My 211 hs an afermarket omaha brand dump bed on the back. its actually just a flat bed with 4 foot high sides. has allthe parts there. havent yet tried to see if it works, but i am sure it should. I dont know just yet if i am going to keep the bed or remove it.

garp

thanks for the ideas/input. I have my hands on, or really close anyways to 2-M215, 3-m211 and several m135s that are all but complete. trucks are heading for the scrap torch so I am enlisting any one I know to get as much as we can. So If I get two ptos i guess I will have some tradin material

jasonjc

heck for scrap price get all of them. They arent making any more. I have 3 M135's and only one good bed :( and no tail gates aua If I'm lucky I will make 2 truck's.
Maybe a 4 door :wink:

garp

I have left a message with the guy so I will hopefully hear back before the weekend. troy, send me your phone# would ya. Hell, I would love to have em all, but scratch and acreage limit my meeger possesions. Damn neighbors anyhow

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks