• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1969 Johnson I just picked up yesterday M101a1, but...

LandrysGuns

The MFG plate on the tongue (which was covered up with tape and painted over) reads M116a1. What's the difference? I got it from GovLiquidation and I love it. People think it is the coolest thing. Camo paint looks like it was put on recently and the tires appear to be new. It is a 1969 Johnson and is in really good shape if you ask me. I will be bringing it to the gun shop in Gonzales Louisiana this weekend and post my sign on it to advertise.

Attachments

KsM715

:ditto: Look on the front of the bed. Theres probably a data plate there saying its a M101a1. The M116a1 is just the chassis. Plop a bed on it and it becomes a 101

Attachments

Last edited:

LandrysGuns

That explains it. Thanks guys. My 14 year old wants me to take it to the next boy scout camp out and load it down with gear. If I had a tarp I might. LOL!

TIGERFANS2

:ditto: Look on the front of the bed. Theres probably a data plate there saying its a M101a1. The M116a1 is just the chassis. Plop a bed on it and it becomes a 101
My M116A2 has a M101A1 bed. I'm glad Kansas doesn't do vehicle inspections on trailers, two data plates............ hmmmmmmmm :-?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from New Orleans

Be very very careful. :-|:-?:)

I started with a m101a2 and somehow a m923 5 ton followed me home later...........Wife still trying to figure that one out.:beer:

If your son collects BSA patches send me a pm with what he likes, snail mail and I will hook you up.

Take Care,

Juan

District Director
Southeast Louisiana Council

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks