• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 intake manifold alignement sleeves

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All,
Does anyone know where i can get a couple of alignement sleeves for the intake manifold
on an M211?

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, I posted here first to give guys on the list to sell them to me before going to the big outfits. Thanks!!

JasonS

The alignment sleeves are the three metal rings that fit into the counterbores in the intake manifild and cylinder head ports. They align the intake manifold ports to the cylinder head. Shouldn't be that hard to make your own.

acetomatoco

Remember that the intake and exhaust sections should be loose to one another before tightening to head....The sleeves are used as part of the don't blow out the gasket package, too.... After everything is on and looking pretty... torque the manifolds to the head by spec and then tighten the two halves together....and put the exhaust pipe on.... retorque the manifold to head fasteners after a coupla heating cycles as they set into the gaskets... RAM

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, I did make the two I needed out of some new exaust pipe, but I would like to have
some good original ones in my kit for the next time. I am not sure how long these will hold up.
Maybe forever, but then they are pretty cheap metal and I noticed on the one that I have that it is made out of some very nice metal.

Thanks RAM for the info on the proper torque sequence. I had actually read the manual this time, but you never can get too much good info.

JasonS

They should be fine. They only have to align the intake manifold and gaslets during assembly; they don't do anything else.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks