• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tread of Mule

Skeeter

The specs list the tread of mule to be 40.5 inches. My question is, that distance is measured from what two points?
The center of tire or the out side surface of tire?

Simple question is, what is the distance from the outside of the front tires?

Or better yet, how wide a trailer is needed to transport a Mule?

Thanks
Skeeter

InsleyGuy

The lifting rings stick out just a little bit past the outside edge of the tire. Don't crowd yourself, I would go four and a half ft. just to be comfortable. Tom

majorhitt

I picked up a trailer for the mule. The fenders were 46" apart. I cut them to 50" at it still is close. When you come up the ramps it's better to have a little more room if you could get it. I'm going to cut a little more to make life easier. And yes we drove it up and down the ramps. The safety sticker on the ramps said not to ride up or down the ramps. After doing this a winch seams the better way to go.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks