• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What adhesive to use on CARC paint?

depdog1

Hello all,
I'm throwing some data plates back on my 998, can anyone be kind enough to recommend the best adhesive to use on CARC paint?

Jones

A lot of CARC is rough enough to be like sticking stickers on sand paper. Contact adhesive like Chris says will ensure that you're not just adhering to the high spots. Gorilla Glue or 3M"s "77" are good choices. Follow the instructions.

135gmc

Another option is one of the 3M emblem mounting tapes. These double-sided tapes have a thin foam core so they can conform to less-than-perfect surfaces. Check with a auto parts supplier that also sells body shop supplies, and they can point you in the right direction. For mine, I wiped the surface with prep-sol, and applied the label. Wait overnight, and the label will be there forever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks