• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Early M332 jockey wheel / leg

maverick

Hi All,
I hope some of you can help me ??

I want to strip down a early style jockey wheel from a M332 ammo trailer ready for sandblasting. Ive undone all bolts but I can work out how to get the main leg seperate from the outer frame. Ive undone the four bolts that hold it in place but the winding mech goes through the frame so i cant seperate it, any clues as what i need to do ???

Thank you

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see the winding mech is keyed, can you get an adjustable wrench on there and turn it off in either direction? The answer lies in that piece, otherwise I fear you'll have to use a press or jack and pry apart the frame sides.

Could this have been a part that had the frame folded around it at the factory?

maverick

Ive tried the keyed mech and no joy, thought this woud be a quick simple job :sad: I think it must of been formed in the factory as I cant see any way of getting it out. I expect they changed the whole unit if it was damaged rather than rebuild ???

Thanks

KsM715

Can you take the top off? (that big nut looking thing on top) On the 105 landing gear there is a roll pin holding the gear together inside.

maverick

Thanks to KsM715, jks587 and gimpyrobb for the advice which I followed and i have got it all stripped down tonight, ready for sandblasting.

Its Great when SS members help each other.

Thanks again guys

regards
Stuart

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks