• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 front and rear LEDs

wehring

I added truck lite LED headlights and rear teardrop LED tail lights to the M916. The rear light were for looks but the front lights are almost a must for function...

Justin Wehring
997 997 3112

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You used the 12v LED headlights right? Military or the Napa ones? I really need to do some lighting upgrades to my M915. You can't see the cheesy taillights on mine at all. I like yours a lot, good job!

Mike, for me, it is a safety and maintenance thing. You put them in and after that all you need to do is clean them. Also, they are WAY brighter and easier to see at night. I wish I had taken before and after picks of my tanker when I swapped over. You can really see the rear now. (good thing when coming up on a camo tanker at night!)

I have a set of the headlights on my XM818 and boy the difference is astounding! I wish the cost was a bit lower but for what I was lucky enough to get these for was worth every penny.

The current draw is reduced to next to nothing as well.

I'm generally a stick in the mud old time kind of guy- but when it comes to safety and ease of maintenance, I'm sold on LEDs now. Of course, I use a lot of my stuff commercially so it is on the road a lot with many hours.

jrod66

I really like those rear LED's, I am not so sure if I am sold on the front LED lights though, why not an HID conversion?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks