• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M416 New to Me

Cat320B

This for me is my first M416. Hope you all have advise for this project or restoration. Will paint unit numbers from my service which I found in old 82nd ABN Divarty Book after it is take apart and repainted. Where do I find the old OD Paint we used in 1963? Will not make any modifications to M416. Missing one light lens. Where to find? Could not believe the emotion that welled up within me when I sat in a completely restored M151 at Ropkey Armor Museum. I was the platoon Sargent's driver. First time I was ordered to wash the M151, I cleaned the top but not the bottom. What a mistake. I still remember that "conversation". Have searched the site for information on M416.

Attachments

RodUSMC1962

Welcome to ss, and congrats on your trailer. White owl has everythingyou need for a 416. The Ropkey museum is great and the Ropkeys and Skip are the finest folks you will ever meet. Rapco paints are good.

Cat320B

Thank you all. Will apply information to the rebuild. Amazed at one thread about needle scalers. Bought one at a sale and had it rebuilt. Will use it now instead of sand blasting as the quote was $250. Thread has saved me the money. Again, thank you for the help as I did not know this forum held so much information.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amazed at one thread about needle scalers. Bought one at a sale and had it rebuilt. Will use it now instead of sand blasting as the quote was $250.

Be careful with needle scalers on sheetmetal, they can distort it. I'd pay $250 for a sandblast personally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks