• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nother NE Alabama Recon mission with Wreckerman

FreightTrain

Banned
Well,Wrecker and I went searching for a old Dodge command car he though he found a couple years ago at a junk yard.We asked the guys if they knew where it was and they said if we are talking about a duece and a quarter then it is down the hill where we came in and only has one axle left.....Went down there and found not a deuce and a quarter for a M35A2.Well,it once was.The truck consist of the rear axle,A frame,2 air tanks,rear suspention,dented fuel tank,a cab with springer seat and box seat with a cool center console with cup holders,heater,a rusty and beat down hard top,tranny and transfer,engine with C turbo,and useable drivers side fender.The passenger fender is trash,the bumper is trash,No intact glass,No front or intermediat axle,stack is missing,bed long gone.Sad part,they wanted $1800 as it sits.....Ummmm,NO!

for the original mission after we spent an hour walking around that yard(mind you it was litterally uphill both ways at about a 45degree angle if felt like on teh side of the mountian) we gave up and came back to the office where the guy said oh you mean that old dodge yea,it is in Ohio now.Sold a year or so ago......

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, that's always the way it works. What you do find it too high of a price, and the deals are already gone or scrapped out. I find it interesting the number of yards that will gladly cut up a collectable car/truck for $200 in scrap value, but won't budge an inch lower than $1K if you want to buy it outright.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Here are some pics of the "disabled veteran" we found at said junk yard. :(

There was a pretty cool International fire truck that was in good shape (like I need another project). 8)

Unfortunatly the vehicle I was seeking had been sold. Good news is that it didn't go the the crusher. :lol:

Me and my accomplice are getting good at "green iron prospecting". :grd:

Maybe one day we will hit the Mother Lode.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks