• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923 injection pump help needed!

tiny110

Banned
i went with a friend to get the truck. its running like a real dog. its running really low on the power. my duece can just about pull it up to speed and a faster speed than the truck can do on its own. it has no smoke or even a haze coming out of the stack. it looks like it has a new injection pump on it. (maybe it never got adjusted?) all the gauges are reading good. and the motor looks good and the trans fills good. my m818 is on 53" and it out runs it hands down.

anyone know how to turn up this pump? thanks

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did the fuel filters look like when you changed them?

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just a quick thought... check to make sure the manual screw on the top of the electric cut off is open. might be cutting the fuel off there. other choices are the rubber hoses either with a very small hole or they could be partial collapsed . if the filters are ok then maybe something around the lines on the tank. you might have to do a temp type tank out of a can to see if its the pump or the lines to the tank

91W350

Is the fuel old or brown? I have a few 923s that have some rotten fuel in them. It burns, but will barely pull my deuce around. Normally I have loads of power in old Sandy, but not on that stuff.

tiny110

Banned
yea i will check the screen in the tank. and i will look in to the manual screw on the top of the electric cut off.

it has good fuel in it. i dipped the tank after we got off base with it.

the 900's are all new to me. thanks for the help!

91W350

Follow the emergency shut off cable to the pump and make sure the lever is forward. Some clown may have pulled it part way or failed to fully reset it. Pushing the cable in will not reset the shut off valve. Just a thought...we had three that were listed as non starting... the fuel was shut off at the pump.

builderboy

When I drove mine home I thought it was little low on power. Finally cleaned out the tank, put a new filter in ( and the old on looked fine) filtered the fuel and filled it up with new $$$ and There is a very big difference.

Just what I did to get the power back.

tiny110

Banned
I looked over every thing and found the fuel cut off was half shut. So times its the dum stuff that gets you. Lol

Hay Will are you familiar with this pump? You helped me out in the past on my m818.
Just so if my guy want to turn it up a bit the info will be here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks