• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I found a pic of my jeep

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe they did make a '46 CJ2A but that part of the memory hasn't been accessed for a long time, may have corrupted files.

pa.rich

Thats a CJ2A. Large bug eye headlites , M38's were made from 50 on up and looked like a Cj2A except the windshield glass was one piece. Simular to the Mb's but larger headlights.The M38's were newer and made from the CJ3B. Something this old and title says M38? or MB? possibly the original title was lost and another incorrect one purchased and different plate attached by rivets to the dash on the passenger side. You know it happens. Yours could also have had parts switched around too. But anyway, it appears to be a 46,47,or48CJ2a.

IAN_M715

take a look here:
http://www.film.queensu.ca/cj3b/Poster.html
this is a comprehensive jeep spotter's guide. i will agree that you have a fine looking CJ-2A on your hands. The first of the production CJs (Civilian Jeeps), 214,202 CJ-2As were produced. The earliest versions used a column shift, until early 1946. The earliest units also used the MB's full-floating rear axle and had military tool notches in the body. Unlike the MBs, the CJs used a tailgate and had "Willys" embossed on the hood sides and windshield frame. The beefier T-90 gearbox replaced the old T-84. CJ-2A sales were very brisk, especially considering the almost endless supply of MBs on the war surplus market. A few CJ-2As were built concurrently with the later CJ-3A. I am about 3 hours away from my CJ-3A project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks