• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a bolt and some info

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been searching around here but no one seems to have this bolt or they are just not intrested in selling ONE. It is the bolt missing in the second picture. Does anyone know a place to get one? I would also be intrested in any info anyone has about the history of this jeep it is now done and I am driving it. Thanks Eddy

Attachments

JGBallew

I have been searching around here but no one seems to have this bolt or they are just not intrested in selling ONE. It is the bolt missing in the second picture. Does anyone know a place to get one? I would also be intrested in any info anyone has about the history of this jeep it is now done and I am driving it. Thanks Eddy
You can kind of fudge that fastener with a panhead slotted and a thin washer centered on the shank and turned down a bit to act as a spacer.

The original screw had a short stepped shoulder that the bushed area rode on. IIRC they were a 1/4"X20 TPI.

Personally I like to use a slightly longer screw and mount a thin wave or Bellville washer under the screw head, because those pivot points always seem to get wallowed out and vibrate.

32r2

Windshield pivot arm screws

Eddy,go to g503.com.On the home page click on parts,this will take you to Ron Fitzpatricks vintagejeeps.com site.The part number is A2239K for a set of two screws and washers.Cost is eight dollars.They show as in stock.They are listed under the body section.The description is windshield arm pivot screws + spring washers.Hope this helps.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks