• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Number of FMTVs in private hands?

DSD277

The question has been asked and I wondered, how many FMTVs are there out in private ownership? I realize it'll a small group, but interesting to see what has come into private ownership.

Post up your model and a pic.:)

My 'work in progress':
MTV M1094 LVAD

Attachments

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There have been several pass through GL but most of them had severe damage to them.

I have only seen one or two go out the gate in decent condition.

I think Stewart Stevenson Diesel was selling a civilian version at one time.

DSD277

The last few months I've kept an ear to the ground just to see what is coming out, and for how much and condition. I'm just curious to who'll own up to having one.:p With all the bad raps people are giving them.
I'm seeing components coming up on GL, and don't hear anything more of them. Are they being hoarded, or for scrap?
There are a handful of threads here of owners with M1078s and a M1079 that are on the road. Gotta be more.:)

The civialian model for S&S were the SS400 and SS800... I don't know if that went to term or how many were sold, if any....?( even to Bronto, or Global Expedition) .. maybe demos only? They could have been fishing for a market

Piggy250

I got a M1078 for my department (Coffee County Sheriff's Dept TN) this week out of Aberdeen. The drive lines are missing but the Alabama NG I think is going to look for mine since they got the other six. We more than like sell it in a year. It only has 94 miles on it. We going to try to get it up and running all the fluids are drained.:tank:

Last edited:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recal seeing an m1086, two m1087's, m1088, m1089, m1093 and several m1078's come through GL. I believe the person you bought your m1094 from, also had a couple m1078's or m1081's.

Attachments

Last edited:

Fishtail

Did you see when GSA was trying to sell two groups of trucks, 4x4's and 6x6's in two different lots about two months ago. They were about $30,000 apiece, times 10 or 15 trucks in the lot. I don't believe they got any bids. They were out of Hooks, Tx. Running trucks, other conditions unknown.

Scott

DSD277

Derrick,
I don't know what happened with Winslow place since his death, but he did have various 1081s. The last 2 were in limbo...one could have supplied a majority of the parts you need

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I owned a M1078 rollover wreck a couple years back, the gent I sold it to said he had 3-4 more various models and he was putting a couple of them together.

I figure a few dozen FMTV and LMTV vehicles, in different conditions from burned out wrecks to decent driving ones, have been sold off into the commercial market. No more than that.

Attachments

Last edited:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Derrick,
I don't know what happened with Winslow place since his death, but he did have various 1081s. The last 2 were in limbo...one could have supplied a majority of the parts you need
I was bidding on one of them, but quit fairly early since i was only interested in the transmission at the time. Now im kicking myself for not bidding a little higher. :evil: I wonder there's any fmtv stuff left at his place...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks