• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tornado 230 ohc rebuild

anvil

Howdy, I am starting a civilian model tornado, and am looking for parts sources. Crank, pistons rods the works. I know about Kanter, Willys America, etc. Thanks in advance

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
230 engine parts are getting hard to come by and expensive. What vehicle is the engine in?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you considered a engine swap? Advanced Adapters has a the stuff to mount a Chevy engine in your truck. You could buy the adapter and a new small block Chevy cheaper than you can rebuild that old 230 and have money left over. Unless it's for show purposes to keep everything stock, I don't know why on earth somebody would want to keep a 230.

Our local FD bought a used but good 230 from Memphis Equipment awhile back for $3,500. I've heard of rebuild parts costing that much. I don't know if they have rebuild parts or not.

anvil

Actually, its not that bad. I have most everything lined up for about $1000-1500. No crank, no rods but everything else. I won't know all that I need til I open it up. As far as the 230, just a glutton for punishment I guess.

197thhhc

Unless the rods are damaged or you plan on running a monster turbo (Which I doubt) the rods should be ok to reuse. Just have them checked. The crank should be reuseable unless its severely damaged. It could be turned down or worse case the journals can be rewelded and then turned to original specs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks