• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slant back in FL

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's got a NFA transferable minigun, them fellas got some CASH! HMMWVs go for $30K or so, but the last transferable M134 I saw sold in Small Arms Review magazine for $250,000. There's only about 12 in civilian hands...

Jimmy

I don't know him but that is a very good looking 1026 and is sporting my all time favorite weapon. That setup is way to cool!! Mike is right, those guys have deep pockets.

IRWFO

Year before last I got to fire a G.E. Minigun at Knob Creek. $300 for 400rds. It was to fastest money I ever spent but I have no regrets. It was AWSOME.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wreckerman893 said:
I was told that the cost of firing a 7.62 mini-gun was $8.00 per second. :shock:
Depends what speed setting you're on, slow or high. High is 6,000 rpm, or 100 per sec. Where are you buying ammo for $8 for 100 rounds? Probably closer to $20 or $30 per second, but we're really splitting hairs here. Either way, running a minigun is very expensive, and spare parts are nowhere to be had - Dillon Precision which is the only current manufacturer of the M134 series minigun DOES NOT sell minigun parts to civilians, even small parts. Kinda goes against them being a firearms-friendly company that sells reloading components. But then again, it probably has something to do with their government contracts, they don't wanna lose them.