• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally pics of my xm215 dump

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow, that looks like a pretty unmolested truck. :beer:

But that spotlight in the middle of the front bumper...makes me think of cyclops

white135

Yeah, It sat for about four years in a junkyard, so its been a while.

Somebody bolted some wire mesh in the hole where the winch was and put a wierd spotlight there. Oh well, just more to fix.

white135

By the way, I'm tring to decide if the addon turn signals were a military modification or if somebody put them there.

Either way, I'm not sure if I like them or not, but it will be more legal to drive with them on.

Any opinions let me know.

Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure looks to be pretty solid! Good luck with it. The more I see these trucks, the more I like the classic style they have!

M215

GMC dumps RULE!!

Congratulations Eric,
Good luck on your project, looks like a great start. Do you have the fuel tank? That was the most difficult part to find for ours, only common to the M215 dump / M220 tractor.
Let me know if I can be any help.
Karl

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: GMC dumps RULE!!

Congrats on a great find Eric! Will it make Haspin this year?!

Karl, that is a thing of beauty!

white135

Gas tank

Yeah, Karl,

I forgot that I had already removed the gas tank before taking those pics.
It seems to be in good shape, just needs cleaning and removing a few dents..

My biggest problem might be the tailgate which looks really bad, but we might try to repair it.

Its not currenly running. It was sitting for four years prior, and the master cylinder was locked on it. As its currently below zero outside, work is not progressing much beyond collecting parts to fix it with.

I would imagine that I will have a great many more questions for everyone, and especially you, Karl before this is all done.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Gas tank

Definitely needs some TLC, but at least it looks pretty complete. Thanks for the pics of your new toy!

M215

M215 tail gate

Hello Eric,
The correct tail gate is another problem, different than the REO 2.5 T tail gate, after purchasing one I found out the hard way! Memphis Eq. in Chambersburg PA had two M215 tail gates in stock about 3-4 yrs ago (I purchased one, was around $425). I picked mine up to save the freight, weight is about 100 lb +
Good luck, Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks