• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Insurance - deuce

Status
Not open for further replies.

np2ij

Who insured your Florida Deuce? i am having a tough time finding a carrier.
I just picked up a 89 deuce with clear FL title and need to be pointed in the direction of a co-operative insurance company, give them $$ and get my tag.
I do not want to register as an antique. i may qualify, the truck may not.

caliber1

I started with State Farm, got POd at them and changed everything to Progressive. Try an independent insurance agent, that's who we went through.

Benaj

Problem with Hagerty-

Storage
Collector vehicles must be stored in an enclosed and secure structure when not in use. Qualifying storage locations include private residential garages, private pole buildings or barns and rental storage units.

Military vehicles

Older military vehicles are becoming increasingly popular among collectors. So Hagerty offers a program to cover military vehicles that are purchased as a collector vehicle. They must be 1985 or older, garaged and cannot be used for off-road usage or battle re-enactments. Also, the vehicle must be "de-militarized" (armaments removed or disabled).

Last edited:

phil2968

Gulfway is who I have which is full coverage and underwritten by Travelers insurance, It is a commercial policy. I have 2 trucks and it was $360 a year for both.

chill63

The truck should qualify for an antique plate unless they changed the law.... Any former military vehicle, regardless of age, is eligible.

If you want the regular plates because you plan to use the truck as a daily driver or commercially, then Gulfway may not work. I believe my policy with them states the truck is basically for display purposes, parades, shows, etc..., but not daily driving or work.

I have a regular GA plate with my Gulfway policy.

When you speak with Gulfway on the phone they will explain that the policy is really exclusively meant for parade and rally/club use. But if you read the application paper work that they send over, it doesn't state that. All it says is that the truck isn't to be used for commercial hauling. Then, once you sign the paper work and send them a check (check for yearly coverage required), they will send you your card and a thick policy book. I haven't had a chance yet to read that novel but they way I see it, the limited use wasn't mentioned in any of the paper work or the application that I filled and the huge policy came after they had cashed my check. I still need to and plan on reading the policy but I could easily argue "bait and switch" if it were in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks