• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wonder if Continental will let me bring this...

CanonNinja

Some basic tools that are a little high-dollar, like a 1/2" drive torque wrench/breaker bar combo, etc.. Flying out to pick up my truck in a few weeks, and dont need to buy another set for the drive home. Continental's going to love me when I show up at the airport.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know anyone close to where you are going or is someone here close? If so, send the tools and whatever else you need thru FedEx, UPS or USPS to them. No bagage check, no lines, no lost or delayed baggage.

CanonNinja

Re: RE: Wonder if Continental will let me bring this...

WillWagner said:
Do you know anyone close to where you are going or is someone here close? If so, send the tools and whatever else you need thru FedEx, UPS or USPS to them. No bagage check, no lines, no lost or delayed baggage.

well I'm buying my truck from a board member her, so I'd say that's as close as someone can be to my truck :lol: I have to bring clothes in checked baggage anyway, so might as well throw some stuff in there. I'm just worried about bringing my .45 with me (i know the rules, but hopefully the case makes it to the destination with me)

M1075

RE: Re: RE: Wonder if Continental will let me bring this...

Continental has always been great when I checked firearms in Houston. They have always taken me to a discreet location behind the counter to inspect it and make sure it is unloaded.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

flown with weapons a lot and like M1075 said the key is let them know as far in advance as possible and have a good case for it, Pelican or Hardig or the likes and lock it even though it is in a bigger bag.

devilman96

Hand tools are easy... Checked baggage, no carry on... no lubes, sprays, oils, grease, grease guns, and or residues, etc...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You used to be able to ship heavy stuff by bus for less than UPS or FEDEX. It takes longer and someone has to pick it up but if they still do it you could put everything in a footlocker and it would be there when you arrived.
I did it seveal times years ago and never had a problem. They would inspect what was in the footlocker and then let you lock it right before it went in the cargo area of the bus.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks