• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

French Camp emergency pick-up

tcody

Is anyone near French Camp. Had a loadout scheduled for two tires today at French Camp and the trucker brought a gun on base - bad idea. I don't want to loose the tires. If anyone can help please let me know.
Cody

French Camp pickups require your vehicle to be searched and they will run all vehicles occupants drivers licenses through the "wants and warrants" background check. We have seen them take away people in handcuffs for outstanding violations. They will also inspect the vehicle (quite often with dogs) looking for drugs/contraband. They were dinged on their last 2 DLA random inspections so they have clamped down on security pretty hard.

Had a can of pepper spray in the door of my truck.......had forgotten about it. I was given the option of either tossing it in the garbage or turning around. They would not hold it for me to pickup on the way out.

Cheers,

Scott

tcody

French Camp pickups require your vehicle to be searched and they will run all vehicles occupants drivers licenses through the "wants and warrants" background check. We have seen them take away people in handcuffs for outstanding violations. They will also inspect the vehicle (quite often with dogs) looking for drugs/contraband. They were dinged on their last 2 DLA random inspections so they have clamped down on security pretty hard.

Had a can of pepper spray in the door of my truck.......had forgotten about it. I was given the option of either tossing it in the garbage or turning around. They would not hold it for me to pickup on the way out.

Cheers,

Scott
Well, the plot thickens. Not only did the guy bring a loaded weapon onto a base which I can't imagine what he was thinking, but now is asking for a 25% cancellation fee???? Thanks guys for the PM's - I think I got it covered with a new shipper.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the plot thickens. Not only did the guy bring a loaded weapon onto a base which I can't imagine what he was thinking, but now is asking for a 25% cancellation fee???? Thanks guys for the PM's - I think I got it covered with a new shipper.
That guy has some gall asking for a cancellation fee. You didn't cancel. I know people make mistakes but this one was no fault of your own. This is just more proof of the "it's not my fault, blame somebody else" society we now live in.

I wouldn't give him a dime if I were you.

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not only would I NOT pay him anything, I would bill him for your time and trouble.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks