• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heading south.. Look out Clinto here I come!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Roads

Damn it!No warning. I'm on the way! Should have mentioned it. I'd be a good rest area. Call if you get into trouble.

citizensoldier

just a heads up to all...Lane has unloaded in GA and all went well other than some kid ran over his tailgate while they were unloading one of the trailers ....DUH!!!! So Lane doesn't sound too happy about that. He is trying to get a hold of Andy at the moment. I'll keep you posted. He sounds pretty tired. Poor guy.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Lane just left here, it was very nice to meet him, swell guy.

Yes, one of our guys put a sizable dent in his tailgate, the tractor driver couldn't see it in the dark next to the truck (the tailgate had been removed to load and haul one of the trailers in the bed). We told Lane to send us the bill and we'd make it good again.

I sent some goodies North to Mangus580......... :D The Green Iron Express :D :D :D

alphadeltaromeo

Just got off the phone with him. He's a tired puppy! Hope to connect up with him when he's back this way. Well, I plan on driving with him to Dora, AL to help get that dolly anyway :driver: [thumbzup]

citizensoldier

Lane made it to Florida safely. Got there about 1:30 this afternoon (Monday) Spoke with him very briefly as he was headed to crash out for a while. That's a lot of driving....whew!

He tells me it's suppose to be 80 degrees tomorrow. I guess he didn't need those long underwear for very long. I'm wondering if I'll see him again this winter.....maybe when the birds start flying back in the spring? Hmmmm...

He should be getting on line soon so for all of you who are normally up with him til the crack ass of dawn chatting...you'll be hearing from him. I told him to send pics so keep your eyes open :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad he made it. It as in the 30s last night here in S Fla but the are forcasting 80s this week. Ho \\e won't stay long, the elderly drivers will make him crazy.

citizensoldier

I'm her guys.. Can you say dial up sucks??? Forgot about how slow it was. Soon to be a after picture my mother tells me.. She was glad I trimmed up a little but when she saw my avatar ther was not any good comments made. I must inform you she is a retired barber!! I think thats why I dont get it cut often up north I am to cheap. Use to a free hair cut.
Anyway I am here,took a good long nap and will be working in the warm weather tomarrow. My blood is still very thick and it will take a couple days to adjust.. Considering there will be a 80 degree difference if it get to 50 here tomarrow. 80's are in the forcast so I hope I dont keel over dead.
Kenn I will be in touch soon.. Do you think you can make it halfway? Clinto told me Greybird was in Ocala? Is that true? If so I maybe can hook up with him for lunch one day.

OpieNoTool

citizensoldier said:
I'm her guys.. Can you say dial up sucks??? Forgot about how slow it was. Soon to be a after picture my mother tells me.. She was glad I trimmed up a little but when she saw my avatar ther was not any good comments made. I must inform you she is a retired barber!! I think thats why I dont get it cut often up north I am to cheap. Use to a free hair cut.
Anyway I am here,took a good long nap and will be working in the warm weather tomarrow. My blood is still very thick and it will take a couple days to adjust.. Considering there will be a 80 degree difference if it get to 50 here tomarrow. 80's are in the forcast so I hope I dont keel over dead.
Kenn I will be in touch soon.. Do you think you can make it halfway? Clinto told me Greybird was in Ocala? Is that true? If so I maybe can hook up with him for lunch one day.
I love your mom, If you Keel over i got Dibbs on the deuce and the dump truck!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks