• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My newest adventure

littlebob

Made it from Wreckermans to Saraland, AL when the transmission acted funny and decided to call it a day and finish in the daytime. Might have problems tommow making it back to Baton Rouge.
littlebob

Attachments

littlebob

Yeah, my plan is unhook the trailer tommorrow AM and see if the vibration I was feeling were from the old unballanced tires or the tranny. I lost one
about two decades ago(out of town) and it acted very similar.
littlebob

littlebob

Thanks Evevebody,
Made it home about noon Monday and everything seemed OK. It started vibrating and surging a little around Gulfport, so We detoured down to
HWY 90 to let it cool down. First time down there since Katrina.
littlebob

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Littlebob kept me posted on his return trip. I was really pleased when I got the call yesterday that him and the kids made it home with the trailer. :D
He is a great guy to work with and unfortunatly we didn't get to spend a lot of tiime jawing about MV's. :(
The wife had decided I needed a dose of religion Sunday morning and hauled me to church. My feet got hot during the sermon :shock: .

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
PS:

I am the handsome looking dude on the left. :)

If anyone else is interested there are seven trailers left but most of them are missing the shelter and/or inflatable door unit.
They still have the 85 CI 4 banger, air cooled, gasser engine, AC unit, air pump, generator and the multi-fuel heater. There is a lot of aluminum that could be salvaged out and sold.
I'll take $800.00 each, less if I take the aluminum. In that case you would get the engine, mounted fuel tank (big) and the trailer.
Take advantage of "Wreckerman's easy finance plan". Cash up front and no pesky payments. :lol:
I can store them for a reasonable amount of time (until I get tired of hearing the wife complain).
These trailers sat outside for several years. Some have rust spots but not real bad. You can refer questions to Littlebob as to what pyhsical condition his is in. I think he made it to Baton Rouge on the tires that were on it.
Your tire mileage and luck may vary.
I also found out that in Alabama you only need a bill of sale to get a tag for a single axle (utility) trailer. They do not issue a title but you do get a tag receipt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks